Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hanoi At Last!


Well we made it to Hanoi. We were picked up by guide Phu at the airport. He is a young guy and a great fit for the children. We had a nice van that even had lap seat belts. Mom was a happy camper. When we got to our hotel we just stayed around the pool and relaxed. The kids were in a great mood. At about four thirty we decided to walk to restaurant Phu had suggested, Wild Lotus. It was only a few blocks away. We had to cross our first street in Vietnam. I told josie hold my hand and don't look at the traffic, look at my feet and don't slow down or speed up. Josie did good until a motorbike came too close and she sped up. I told her the drivers were gauging our pace and that they could hit us if we changed our pace. A hard lesson to remember for a girl who has always know stop lights mean stop and the walkers have the right away. We walked a while and realized that we were walking in the wrong direction. We started in the right direction, but one by one the children fell apart. We were not to far from the hotel so we decided to go eat there. I think the whole experiencing Vietnam for the first time up close, the heat and being so tired did them in. A little food shored them up for a while. But Josie hardly touched her head to her pillow before she fell asleep. And that is where I am headed now. We are going to Ha Long Bay tomorrow. A famous World Heritage Site. I won't being bring my computer so I will not post tomorrow, but maybe late the following day.

2 comments:

Vesta said...

What is the temperature? Is the humidty high? What did you guys eat? How fast are the cars going? How many lanes of traffic? Have you been taking pictures? Will you have the same guide for the entire trip? Were you able to figure out the time difference? I am thinking about you and hoping you are having a wonderful time. By the way it is a beautiful sunny warm day here...sould be about 80*~Vesta

Sarah said...

Yay! So happy you guys made it there safe. I am so looking forward to checking your blog and seeing how things are going. I am in Nashville right now, and things are going great. My nephew's birthday party is tomorrow, so that should be an experience. Anyway, this isn't about me, its about you. Can't wait to hear more and see you guys when you get back! Love you! Sarah